Thursday, August 20, 2015

13 things that define south and Southerners

1 Humidity  The average temperature this year 96  with 2 more steady weeks of same

2- Southerners vacation spots  beach, river , creek pronounced crik
3- southerners know everybody's first name 
Honey, Darlin,Sugar pronounced Shughah
4- Southerners know their favorite movies that speak to their hearts 
Fried Green Tomatoes
Steel Magnolias
Driving Miss Daisy 
Gone with the Wind

5- Southerners
>   know their
> religions:
 Bapdiss
 Methdiss
 Football  spelled this way evidently ???
 
6- Southerners know their cities
 dripping with Southern
   charm:
 Chawl'stn
 S'vanah
 Foat
   Wuth
 N'awlins
 Addlanna  phonetic spelling

7- Southerners know their
   elegant
 gentlemen:
 Men in uniform
 Men in tuxedos>

 Rhett
   Butler
 -----------------
8- Southern girls know their prime real
 
 estate:
 The Mall
 The Country Club
 The Beauty
   Salon

9- Southern girls know the 3 deadly
 
 sins:
 Having bad hair and
 nails
 Having bad manners
Cooking
   bad food

10- Only
   a Southerner knows the
 difference between a hissie fit and a conniption
   fit, and that you don't
 "HAVE" them,
 you "PITCH" them.
 _____
11- Only
   a Southerner knows how many
 fish, collard greens, turnip greens, peas,
   beans, etc., make up "a
 mess."
_____
12- Only a Southerner can show or
   point
 out to you the general direction of "yonder."

13 Only a
  Southerner knows exactly how
 long "directly" is, as in: "Going to town, be back"directly "

Thanks to a true southerner from Fletcher  ,

North Carolina for this list 





7 comments:

  1. Recently spent some time on The Outer Banks (mostly Hatteras and Ocracoke). My heart's never been blessed so frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun Southern references! I have a couple of Southern cookbooks and more than a few Southern habits. :)

    http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2015/08/youtube-twitter-tumblr-goggle-instagram.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Early on in my southern exposure when I was working in a nursery a woman said to her daughter, put it up and I didn't understand she meant put it away or clean up. She also said bret for barrette and I was lost. This stuff is fun done with Bostonians too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha very funny.
    Though I am not an American I can easily distinguish southern accent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart! By and by I know I will repeat most of those.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...